I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- LAUSD has voted to ban "willful defiance" as grounds for suspension: idea.gseis.ucla.edu/newsroom/our-i… I think SFUSD should consider this too! 3 days ago
- RT @HeatherIshimaru: Sunset Elementary will find ways to honor Mikaela in the coming days. 1 week ago
- @baghdadbythebay So terribly sorry for your community's loss. The Supt and I were at school today and expressed support and condolences. 1 week ago
- Long day . . . with news and meeting recaps wp.me/paNv4-1z8 1 week ago
- RT @SFDAOffice: DA Gascon announces felony charges w @rpnorton & @SFUSD_Supe against former & current #sfusd employees in... http://t.co/X1… 1 week ago
Share this site!