There will be some tough decisions to make if the Legislature and the governor push through threatened cuts in state school funding, newcomer Norton said.
She anticipates discussions and perhaps even disagreements, but she doesn’t expect acrimony on the school board – something that has been a political constant in years past.
“Everybody feels like we all need to be in the same boat and rowing in the same direction,” Norton said. “Everybody knows divided we fail and together we really have a shot.”
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @meghanfeggan: My high school Spanish teacher tried to work the over head projector and ended up setting her skirt on fire. Nice lady.… 8 hours ago
- RT @philginsburgsf: Emergency Coast Guard Helicopter Landing in @RecParkSF #GoldenGatePark #BigRec. Will be there till Coast Guard mechan… 8 hours ago
- @CAStateParks I’m so glad it’s cooler for them. A few weeks ago they were roasting in the heat. 1 day ago
- RT @jonlovett: Lower the voting age to 16. 1 day ago
- RT @Alyssa_Milano: Dear Student Activists From Stoneman Douglas, Keep doing what you’re doing. The fact the the right wing “media” is att… 1 day ago
Share this site!