The former Chancellor and two current admininistrators of San Francisco’s City College were charged today with using college funds for illegal political and personal expenses. It’s always sobering to hear about misuse of public funds, and it makes me want to look deeper into our own mechanisms for overseeing expenses. Having volunteered on a number of SFUSD campaigns, I am certain we have followed the letter and spirit of the law to fundraise for our political campaigns. Still, news like today’s reminds me that anything can happen, and that it’s important to be continually vigilant when overseeing the spending of public monies.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @sfgwhsalumni: Ever wanted to thank your teacher? July 22's your chance! Teacher Appreciation Event to feature over 2 dozen teachers/coa… 2 days ago
- RT @krassenstein: Barack Obama wears a tan suit in public and Fox News flips out Melania Trump wears a tan Jacket which reads "I Don't Rea… 2 days ago
- RT @TVietor08: This man has been an American hero for 60+ years twitter.com/ABC/status/100… 2 days ago
- Thread: twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSE… 2 days ago
- RT @NancyPelosi: Folk-singer Buddy Mondlock got Hepatitis C from a blood transfusion after a car accident in 1981. After decades being turn… 2 days ago
Share this site!