The former Chancellor and two current admininistrators of San Francisco’s City College were charged today with using college funds for illegal political and personal expenses. It’s always sobering to hear about misuse of public funds, and it makes me want to look deeper into our own mechanisms for overseeing expenses. Having volunteered on a number of SFUSD campaigns, I am certain we have followed the letter and spirit of the law to fundraise for our political campaigns. Still, news like today’s reminds me that anything can happen, and that it’s important to be continually vigilant when overseeing the spending of public monies.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @meghanfeggan: My high school Spanish teacher tried to work the over head projector and ended up setting her skirt on fire. Nice lady.… 8 hours ago
- RT @philginsburgsf: Emergency Coast Guard Helicopter Landing in @RecParkSF #GoldenGatePark #BigRec. Will be there till Coast Guard mechan… 8 hours ago
- @CAStateParks I’m so glad it’s cooler for them. A few weeks ago they were roasting in the heat. 1 day ago
- RT @jonlovett: Lower the voting age to 16. 1 day ago
- RT @Alyssa_Milano: Dear Student Activists From Stoneman Douglas, Keep doing what you’re doing. The fact the the right wing “media” is att… 1 day ago
Share this site!