The former Chancellor and two current admininistrators of San Francisco’s City College were charged today with using college funds for illegal political and personal expenses. It’s always sobering to hear about misuse of public funds, and it makes me want to look deeper into our own mechanisms for overseeing expenses. Having volunteered on a number of SFUSD campaigns, I am certain we have followed the letter and spirit of the law to fundraise for our political campaigns. Still, news like today’s reminds me that anything can happen, and that it’s important to be continually vigilant when overseeing the spending of public monies.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @calparks: "These are places at your doorstep, within arm's reach, that we're really trying to help bridge those connections and make th… 11 hours ago
- @stevoncook Congratulations! 1 day ago
- SF parents, concerned about vaping and your teen? This town hall meeting sounds really on point. twitter.com/SFUSDBeWell/st… 1 day ago
- I am truly shocked that a campaign thinks this is even remotely okay. twitter.com/shamannwalton/… 2 days ago
- Congratulations! twitter.com/SFUSDSchoolFoo… 4 days ago
Share this site!