The former Chancellor and two current admininistrators of San Francisco’s City College were charged today with using college funds for illegal political and personal expenses. It’s always sobering to hear about misuse of public funds, and it makes me want to look deeper into our own mechanisms for overseeing expenses. Having volunteered on a number of SFUSD campaigns, I am certain we have followed the letter and spirit of the law to fundraise for our political campaigns. Still, news like today’s reminds me that anything can happen, and that it’s important to be continually vigilant when overseeing the spending of public monies.
Please Donate to My Campaign!
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- Hey @jonlovett um @danpfeiffer said you are in charge of the shirts. Been waiting for #friendofthepod shirt for like EVER ?? @crookedmedia 4 hours ago
- RT @NancyPelosi: Called in to chat with @PodSaveAmerica about Senate's mean #Trumpcare draft. Be sure to listen to today’s episode! https:/… 4 hours ago
- RT @bettinasays: This quote sums up why I'm working for @calparks #ParkAdvocacyDay twitter.com/CA_Outdoors/st… 5 hours ago
- RT @bettinasays: Since I just casually tweeted about my new job yesterday, here's a thing I curated from my first program event! https://t.… 1 day ago
- That was fun :) twitter.com/calparks/statu… 1 day ago
Share this site!