I find the media’s obsession with these non-stories especially galling when they lead to endless agonizing over the welfare of a child — agonizing that is sorely missing when there isn’t a hot air balloon or inner tube in shark-infested waters involved.
So now that we know that Falcon is safe, how about repurposing some of that concern for, say:
— the over 1.5 million children who are homeless.
— the 42 percent of homeless children who are under the age of 6.
— the one in six homeless children who suffers from an emotional problem.
It doesn’t have to be wall-to-wall coverage, but how about some coverage of the 75 to 100 percent increase in the number of children who are newly homeless because of the foreclosure crisis? Or the 13 million American children living in poverty?
Please Donate to My Campaign!
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- @jonlovett you'll be needing a new topic for the rant wheel now. But can we talk about Handmaid's Tale? Really frea… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 11 hours ago
- Love this soon-to-be #SFUSDGrad! @SFUnified https://t.co/devuvB9ND5 1 day ago
- @sfmta_muni thanks for the info! 1 day ago
- @sfmta_muni The first two were full, ok, but a train with three passengers passing a stop crowded with folks that h… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Thanks a lot @sfmta_muni just passed by THREE F trains at Chestnut and Sansome. Last one was EMPTY. 1 day ago
Share this site!