The weekly newsletter of the Public Education Network is a great roundup of education news and information from all over the country, and this week’s is no exception. In addition to updates on the new Race to the Top (RttT is becoming the standard acronym) regulations, there is a link to an intriguing study comparing inter-district desegregation programs to intra-district programs and finding that inter-district approaches have had better success over time. There is also a very interesting-sounding study of the Harlem Children’s Zone and its effect on educational outcomes.
Read the most recent issue of the Newsblast>>>>
Subscribe to the Newsblast>>>>
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @terrapin_sf: Tell me again why capitalism is the better system. https://t.co/iTxJT3TwDh 1 hour ago
- It’s not smoke ... it’s @KarlTheFog! 1 hour ago
- RT @SF_emergency: Air Quality is Red (Unhealthy). People w/ heart/lung disease older adults & kids should avoid prolonged exertion. https:/… 6 hours ago
- RT @CAStateParks: Some state parks have been impacted by Northern California wildfires and are closed until further notice. Please see imag… 1 day ago
- @StevonCook Congratulations! 2 days ago
Share this site!