The weekly newsletter of the Public Education Network is a great roundup of education news and information from all over the country, and this week’s is no exception. In addition to updates on the new Race to the Top (RttT is becoming the standard acronym) regulations, there is a link to an intriguing study comparing inter-district desegregation programs to intra-district programs and finding that inter-district approaches have had better success over time. There is also a very interesting-sounding study of the Harlem Children’s Zone and its effect on educational outcomes.
Read the most recent issue of the Newsblast>>>>
Subscribe to the Newsblast>>>>
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- Even though I'm outraged, I can't really summon a lot of outrage. I mean, it's the Boy Scouts . . . I haven't liked… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 53 minutes ago
- RT @robdelaney: .@SenCapito @lisamurkowski @SenDeanHeller Cute thread! Kids w/ respiratory issues on Medicaid will be among 1st to die from… 1 hour ago
- RT @AARPadvocates: @SenCapito To be clear, that means if the Senator votes no, we will thank them & let our 38 million members know they vo… 1 hour ago
- @AARPadvocates Because of this tweet, I finally joined @AARP even tho it makes me feel old! Thanks @AARPadvocates f… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- RT @DREDF: .@SenDeanHeller POTUS said think about consequence of a No vote on Repeal or #MTP. The consequence: You #SaveMedicaid & kids w/d… 1 hour ago
Share this site!