Yep, just as I predicted. On Friday, the Governor released his proposed 2010-11 budget, and even though he pledged to protect education, it contains cuts (perhaps we should be grateful that he spared us from the worst, but that would mean rejoicing at devastating cuts in the social safety net that will impact families and schools anyway). The California School Boards Association has a preliminary accounting of the Governor’s proposal as it affects education, which includes reductions to funding that should be guaranteed under Prop. 98, reductions in class size reduction funding, and other sleights of hand. There is also good news coverage of the Governor’s budget proposal at the Sacramento Bee’s web site.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @hollyemartinez: Excited for this! So important that @calparks and @VisitCA join forces to shed light on this important topic. Sign up t… 4 hours ago
- Wow. This is a big break. twitter.com/brennanspiegel… 12 hours ago
- @TayloryyDiana Let me know when you're ready to dig in. Lots of suggestions! It was more complex to learn than I ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It is extremely reassuring to know that if everything else goes to shit, all I need is flour, water, salt and an ov… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- This is shocking and makes me so sad. Maybe it's just me, but the video also makes me wonder - how many of these pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Share this site!