Yep, just as I predicted. On Friday, the Governor released his proposed 2010-11 budget, and even though he pledged to protect education, it contains cuts (perhaps we should be grateful that he spared us from the worst, but that would mean rejoicing at devastating cuts in the social safety net that will impact families and schools anyway). The California School Boards Association has a preliminary accounting of the Governor’s proposal as it affects education, which includes reductions to funding that should be guaranteed under Prop. 98, reductions in class size reduction funding, and other sleights of hand. There is also good news coverage of the Governor’s budget proposal at the Sacramento Bee’s web site.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @sfgwhsalumni: Ever wanted to thank your teacher? July 22's your chance! Teacher Appreciation Event to feature over 2 dozen teachers/coa… 12 hours ago
- RT @krassenstein: Barack Obama wears a tan suit in public and Fox News flips out Melania Trump wears a tan Jacket which reads "I Don't Rea… 12 hours ago
- RT @TVietor08: This man has been an American hero for 60+ years twitter.com/ABC/status/100… 12 hours ago
- Thread: twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSE… 15 hours ago
- RT @NancyPelosi: Folk-singer Buddy Mondlock got Hepatitis C from a blood transfusion after a car accident in 1981. After decades being turn… 16 hours ago
Share this site!