Yep, just as I predicted. On Friday, the Governor released his proposed 2010-11 budget, and even though he pledged to protect education, it contains cuts (perhaps we should be grateful that he spared us from the worst, but that would mean rejoicing at devastating cuts in the social safety net that will impact families and schools anyway). The California School Boards Association has a preliminary accounting of the Governor’s proposal as it affects education, which includes reductions to funding that should be guaranteed under Prop. 98, reductions in class size reduction funding, and other sleights of hand. There is also good news coverage of the Governor’s budget proposal at the Sacramento Bee’s web site.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @meghanfeggan: My high school Spanish teacher tried to work the over head projector and ended up setting her skirt on fire. Nice lady.… 8 hours ago
- RT @philginsburgsf: Emergency Coast Guard Helicopter Landing in @RecParkSF #GoldenGatePark #BigRec. Will be there till Coast Guard mechan… 8 hours ago
- @CAStateParks I’m so glad it’s cooler for them. A few weeks ago they were roasting in the heat. 1 day ago
- RT @jonlovett: Lower the voting age to 16. 1 day ago
- RT @Alyssa_Milano: Dear Student Activists From Stoneman Douglas, Keep doing what you’re doing. The fact the the right wing “media” is att… 1 day ago
Share this site!