Yep, just as I predicted. On Friday, the Governor released his proposed 2010-11 budget, and even though he pledged to protect education, it contains cuts (perhaps we should be grateful that he spared us from the worst, but that would mean rejoicing at devastating cuts in the social safety net that will impact families and schools anyway). The California School Boards Association has a preliminary accounting of the Governor’s proposal as it affects education, which includes reductions to funding that should be guaranteed under Prop. 98, reductions in class size reduction funding, and other sleights of hand. There is also good news coverage of the Governor’s budget proposal at the Sacramento Bee’s web site.
Please Donate to My Campaign!
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- Hey @jonlovett um @danpfeiffer said you are in charge of the shirts. Been waiting for #friendofthepod shirt for like EVER ?? @crookedmedia 4 hours ago
- RT @NancyPelosi: Called in to chat with @PodSaveAmerica about Senate's mean #Trumpcare draft. Be sure to listen to today’s episode! https:/… 4 hours ago
- RT @bettinasays: This quote sums up why I'm working for @calparks #ParkAdvocacyDay twitter.com/CA_Outdoors/st… 5 hours ago
- RT @bettinasays: Since I just casually tweeted about my new job yesterday, here's a thing I curated from my first program event! https://t.… 1 day ago
- That was fun :) twitter.com/calparks/statu… 1 day ago
Share this site!