There are several important student assignment Board meetings coming up – here’s the schedule (subject to change):
- Monday, January 25th Ad Hoc Committee, 6 pm to 9 pm
Preliminary findings from Stanford’s qualitative study of school quality (24 randomly selected schools). Prudence L. Carter, Associate Professor of Education, Stanford.
Results of simulations – challenges and opportunities for each of the options. Muriel Niederle, Associate Professor in Economics, and Clayton Featherstone, PhD Candidate, Stanford University.
- Tuesday, February 2nd, Committee of the Whole, 6 pm to 9 pm
Feedback from the community engagement process. PAC and PPS.
Summary report and recommendations from staff.
- Tuesday, February 9th, Regular Board meeting
First Reading and referral to committees (first readings are generally routine with limited discussion and public comment).
- Wednesday, February 17th, Ad Hoc Committee, 6 pm to 8 pm
Board policy discussion about the proposed policy
- Tuesday, March 9th, Regular Board meeting
Second Reading and approval of a new student assignment policy.