Interesting. I hit “publish” on my last post — a kind-of rant on the Obama Admininstration’s approach to chronically low-performing schools–and got into the car to drive to a meeting, only to hear Education Secretary Arne Duncan on NPR’s Talk of the Nation. Mainly, he kept saying that anyone who has doubts about the administration’s plans to improve persistently low-performing schools is simply upholding the status quo. Perhaps if I thought the administration had done a good job culling approaches that are actually based in research, I might agree — but they haven’t and I don’t.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- @DanAlexander21 Did the person have a New York accent by any chance? 41 minutes ago
- RT @TVietor08: The Mercer family funds far-right hate sites like Breitbart. Mercer's hedge fund makes millions from investors like @Columbi… 1 hour ago
- RT @terrapin_sf: Tell me again why capitalism is the better system. https://t.co/iTxJT3TwDh 1 day ago
- It’s not smoke ... it’s @KarlTheFog! 1 day ago
- RT @SF_emergency: Air Quality is Red (Unhealthy). People w/ heart/lung disease older adults & kids should avoid prolonged exertion. https:/… 1 day ago
Share this site!