Interesting. I hit “publish” on my last post — a kind-of rant on the Obama Admininstration’s approach to chronically low-performing schools–and got into the car to drive to a meeting, only to hear Education Secretary Arne Duncan on NPR’s Talk of the Nation. Mainly, he kept saying that anyone who has doubts about the administration’s plans to improve persistently low-performing schools is simply upholding the status quo. Perhaps if I thought the administration had done a good job culling approaches that are actually based in research, I might agree — but they haven’t and I don’t.
Please Donate to My Campaign!
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- @jonlovett you'll be needing a new topic for the rant wheel now. But can we talk about Handmaid's Tale? Really frea… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Love this soon-to-be #SFUSDGrad! @SFUnified https://t.co/devuvB9ND5 2 days ago
- @sfmta_muni thanks for the info! 2 days ago
- @sfmta_muni The first two were full, ok, but a train with three passengers passing a stop crowded with folks that h… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Thanks a lot @sfmta_muni just passed by THREE F trains at Chestnut and Sansome. Last one was EMPTY. 2 days ago
Share this site!