Interesting. I hit “publish” on my last post — a kind-of rant on the Obama Admininstration’s approach to chronically low-performing schools–and got into the car to drive to a meeting, only to hear Education Secretary Arne Duncan on NPR’s Talk of the Nation. Mainly, he kept saying that anyone who has doubts about the administration’s plans to improve persistently low-performing schools is simply upholding the status quo. Perhaps if I thought the administration had done a good job culling approaches that are actually based in research, I might agree — but they haven’t and I don’t.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- @terrapin_sf @michfit So handsome! 23 hours ago
- Opening new parks is important, but so is taking care of the parks we have! mercurynews.com/2019/05/21/opi… @calparks 23 hours ago
- Loving Elizabeth Warren these days! Not committing to s horse yet, instead giving $ to a few candidates who seem pr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @terrapin_sf @michfit look what popped up from two years ago! https://t.co/jfhkTkI0js 1 day ago
- RT @drvox: Good lord this is enraging. The lawmaker in question is Anthony @Portantino. Maybe he can tell us why this weak-ass "awareness"… 3 days ago
Share this site!