Interesting. I hit “publish” on my last post — a kind-of rant on the Obama Admininstration’s approach to chronically low-performing schools–and got into the car to drive to a meeting, only to hear Education Secretary Arne Duncan on NPR’s Talk of the Nation. Mainly, he kept saying that anyone who has doubts about the administration’s plans to improve persistently low-performing schools is simply upholding the status quo. Perhaps if I thought the administration had done a good job culling approaches that are actually based in research, I might agree — but they haven’t and I don’t.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- I am truly shocked that a campaign thinks this is even remotely okay. twitter.com/shamannwalton/… 16 hours ago
- Congratulations! twitter.com/SFUSDSchoolFoo… 2 days ago
- Former WH ethics czar. Preach. twitter.com/waltshaub/stat… 3 days ago
- Today was the first time I saw a real live person wearing a MAGA hat (I know, I live in a bubble). He was a very el… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- People who obsess on fonts, you’ll like this. twitter.com/thelincoln/sta… 3 days ago
Share this site!