I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @TeamPelosi: Here’s where we’re at: Republicans – who control the House, Senate, and WH – are on the verge of making #TrumpShutdown a… 2 days ago
- @EvanSernoffsky Oh I love love ❤️💕 this thread! 3 days ago
- Very scary!! twitter.com/kfile/status/9… 3 days ago
- RT @jonfavs: All you need to know: Right now, McConnell doesn’t even have 50 votes for a deal that doesn’t protect DREAMers. He has at… 3 days ago
- @StevonCook My pleasure!! :-) 6 days ago
Share this site!