I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @suzyloftus: Big change on the horizon in San Francisco. Jim Ross and I sharing some hope that our next Mayor will address homelessness… 4 hours ago
- RT @vandroidhelsing: I did it, I found Jordan Peterson’s ideal woman https://t.co/PgugvhZmyP 18 hours ago
- RT @LEJ_EcoStewards: #ParkChampions are incredible. They are a big part of our work and the health of Candlestick Point State Recreation Ar… 19 hours ago
- RT @LondonBreed: This is going to be an extremely close election - your support can make the difference. Sign up today to volunteer in one… 20 hours ago
- RT @calparks: Our Director of Programs and Advocacy, Holly Martinez, with #LosAngeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (@ericgarcetti) at today’s #YesOn… 1 day ago
Share this site!