I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- OMG. Just got an email from PGE reminding me that they could cut the power if there is a threat of sparking wildfir… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @calparks: We stand in solidarity with those demanding justice for recent, atrocious crimes against members of the Black community. We r… 13 hours ago
- RT @ProjectLincoln: No patriotic American should brandish or proudly celebrate the iconography of a rebellion that resulted in tremendous d… 13 hours ago
- RT @SteveSchmidtSES: Trump’s Presidency isn’t just a failure, it is a disaster unequaled in the 244 year history of the United States. Amer… 1 day ago
- @LondonBreed just want you to know I appreciate your leadership at this incredibly anxious, uncertain and angry tim… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Share this site!