I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- Aretha Franklin’s 20 Essential Songs via @NYTimes nyti.ms/2MpXdR7?smid=n… 4 days ago
- RT @calparks: @saunieindiego Looks like you had an amazing summer in California state parks! Thank you for sharing! 4 days ago
- RT @coopmike48: Youth in California’s Central Valley are reclaiming region's activist roots edsource.org/?page_id=601320 via @edsource 4 days ago
- Oh no! twitter.com/scott_wiener/s… 4 days ago
- This Richmond District resident loves you! twitter.com/GreenAppleBook… 4 days ago
Share this site!