I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Please Donate to My Campaign!
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- Love this soon-to-be #SFUSDGrad! @SFUnified https://t.co/devuvB9ND5 10 hours ago
- @sfmta_muni thanks for the info! 12 hours ago
- @sfmta_muni The first two were full, ok, but a train with three passengers passing a stop crowded with folks that h… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- Thanks a lot @sfmta_muni just passed by THREE F trains at Chestnut and Sansome. Last one was EMPTY. 13 hours ago
- Such a wonderful memory about Mr. Rogers. I grew up on the show and still remember how calming and sweet he was. twitter.com/Breznican/stat… 1 day ago
Share this site!