I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- @u_m Hi back! <3 to Beth - it’s been WAY too long!!!!! 22 hours ago
- @u_m Funny that you think of Nellie Olsen as a 70s television reference. I was obsessed with the Little House books… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- We flipped CA-10 Blue!!!! twitter.com/modbee/status/… 1 day ago
- @FitzTheReporter So interesting. It depends on the Muni line I have to take. For example I feel safe on the 38 and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- If you’re a veteran, CA state parks are free for you today! twitter.com/CAStateParks/s… 2 days ago
Share this site!