I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Please Donate to My Campaign!
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @nytimes: The Supreme Court ruled that schools may not settle for minimal educational progress by disabled students https://t.co/l2a3tiP… 1 day ago
- At @SFDemocrats monthly meeting where my @EmergeCA girl @KimberlyEllis10 is about to speak! When #wonenrun #womenwin 1 day ago
- RT @SFParksAlliance: On April 5 @WholeFoods is donating 5% from all SF stores to #LetsPlaySF! ~ a playgrounds initiative led by the Parks A… 1 day ago
- RT @UESF: 2017 UESF scholarships for graduating seniors now available! Applications due April 14! Please help spread the word! https://t.co… 4 days ago
- @jenniferdances @SFUnified that is a question that is being explored, I'm told. 4 days ago
Share this site!