I’ve taken a break from blogging and most school board duties over the past six weeks or so, and it’s been a much needed break. But now a new school year is about to begin, and all over our school district teachers, administrators and other staff are gearing up. So I think it’s fitting to post something a bit inspirational.
Last weekend, teachers from all over the country marched on Washington D.C. to “Save our Schools” — an event designed to articulate teachers’ real concern about the direction of education policy in this country. There were some great speeches, but this one seems to have captured the imagination more than most — the actor Matt Damon, who flew all night to address the rally and honor his mom, a teacher herself.
Sign up for my contact list!Get updates from me about events and other information that doesn't make the blog. I promise not to spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time:
Contact list signup form >>>
- RT @terrapin_sf: Tell me again why capitalism is the better system. https://t.co/iTxJT3TwDh 1 hour ago
- It’s not smoke ... it’s @KarlTheFog! 1 hour ago
- RT @SF_emergency: Air Quality is Red (Unhealthy). People w/ heart/lung disease older adults & kids should avoid prolonged exertion. https:/… 6 hours ago
- RT @CAStateParks: Some state parks have been impacted by Northern California wildfires and are closed until further notice. Please see imag… 1 day ago
- @StevonCook Congratulations! 2 days ago
Share this site!