There’s an important primary election happening June 7, and regardless of whether you agree with my guidance below, it’s really important to vote:
- Democratic Party Central Committee: I’m a candidate in AD 19 (west side)! Please vote for me and fellow members of the Progress Dems slate. I especially want to recommend these women incumbents: AD-17 – Rebecca Prozan, Alix Rosenthal, Leah Pimentel and Zoe Dunning. AD-19 Mary Jung, Marjan Philhour, Kat Anderson
- State Senator: Scott Wiener – I’ve worked closely with Scott over the years as District 8 Supervisor and I am in awe of his work ethic, and his detailed grasp of policy. He is a smart, reasonable and incredibly dedicated public servant and he will serve us well in Sacramento.
- Assembly: Phil Ting (AD 19) and David Chiu (AD 17)
- U.S. House: Nancy Pelosi or Jackie Speier depending on your district
- Prop A (emergency preparedness bond issues): YES
- Prop B (park funding) YES YES YES
- Prop C (affordable housing) YES
- Prop D (police oversight) YES
- Prop AA (Save the Bay parcel tax) YES
- Superior Court Judge: Paul Henderson. All three candidates are very compelling and qualified. But Paul rises to the top because of his long history in San Francisco with the DA’s office and City Hall.
U.S. Senator: Kamala Harris (this is a no-brainer)
U.S. President (Democratic Primary): Hillary Clinton – Bernie Sanders has done a great job pushing progressive issues to the front of the Democratic agenda. But Hillary’s depth of experience and record of service makes her my clear choice. A Trump Presidency would be a disaster for the country, and she’s the candidate who can beat The Donald.